Visiting researcher are individuals who are currently enrolled in a degree program, are working to obtain a degree, or conduct researches in their universities, and whose primary purpose is to conduct research under the guidance of or in collaboration with members of College of Medicine Hanyang University. The length of stay for visiting researchers will be four-week, eight-week or twelve-week period.
- 1. Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students of medical school, or researchers employed on a research contract with a university.
- 2. Applicants must be able to communicate in English.
- 1. Application Form[Download]
- 2. CV
- 3. Dean’s Letter of Recommendation
- 4. Research proposal
- 5. Certificate of Degree - from each university they have attended.
- 6. Official Transcript(s) - from each university they have attended.
- 7. Passport Copy
- 8. Proof of Personal Insurance
- 9. Proof of Immunizations
How To Apply
- * Researchers are scheduled on a first come first served basis.
- 1. Review Eligibility Requirements
- 2. Review the Available Research Institute List
- 3. Submit the Required Documents via e-mail 6 months (180 days) prior to the research start date
- 4. E-mail submission : email@example.com
- 5. Applicants will be notified of approval (Letter of Acceptance) in 3-4 weeks
- 6. Pay a NON-REFUNDABLE administrative processing fee
Proof of Immunizations
|1||TB screening||Chest X-ray||no active lesion|
|3||Varicella(Chicken Pox)||Varicella zoster virus, IgG||positive|
|4||Hepatitis A||anti-HAV, IgG||positive|
|anti-HBs or anti-HBc(IgG)||positive|
- 1. Active pulmonary tuberculosis
- * Researchers can participate in a observership program after the infectious capacity has disappeared after two weeks of anti-tuberculosis medication.
- 2. Positive Measles(Rubeola) titer or vaccination record
- 3. Positive varicella(Chicken pox) titer or vaccination record
- 4. Positive Hepatitis A titer or 2 doses of vaccination record
- 5. Positive Hepatitis B titer or 2 doses of vaccination record
- 6. Flu vaccine
- 1. Accepted applicants will receive a letter of acceptance.
- 2. Accepted applicants must pay an administrative processing fee. (NON-REFUNDABLE)
|Administrative processing fee (NON-REFUNDABLE)|
|4 week||KRW 100,000|
- 1. Bank account number : 100-013-637512
- 2. Bank name : Shinhan Bank (신한은행)
- 3. Name of receiving account holder : 한양대학교(Hanyang University)
Housing is not provided for researchers. They will be responsible for their own accommodations.
Researchers will be responsible for paying for their own meals.
Office of College of Medicine, Hanyang University
222 Wangsimni-ro, Seongdong-gu, Seoul, 04763 Korea
Tel. +82 2 2220 0585
Fax. +82 2 2281 0699