We offer students the opportunity to participate in clinical observership for at least one week and up to eight weeks at Hanyang University Seoul or Guri Hospital. We encourage students to have observational experience by choosing a department with reference to our Information Guide and the visiting observership program catalog [Download]. We hope that students will be able to experience various interactions with students, professors, and patients from other countries.
- 1. Applicants must be in their final two years of medical school.
- 2. Applicants must be in good academic standing.
- 1. Application Form [Download]
- 2. CV
- 3. Dean’s Letter of Recommendation
- 4. University Enrollment Certificate
- 5. Official transcript
- 6. Passport Copy
- 7. Proof of Personal Insurance – This should be obtained from student’s health insurance company.
- 8. Proof of Immunizations
Proof of Immunizations
no active lesion
Varicella zoster virus, IgG
anti-HBs or anti-HBc(IgG)
- 1. Active pulmonary tuberculosis
- * Students can participate in a observership program after the infectious capacity has disappeared
- after two weeks of anti-tuberculosis medication.
- 2. Positive Measles(Rubeola) titer or vaccination record
- 3. Positive Varicella(Chicken pox) titer or vaccination record
- 4. Positive Hepatitis A titer or 2 doses of vaccination record
- 5. Positive Hepatitis B titer or 2 doses of vaccination record
- 6. Flu vaccine
How To Apply
- * Students are scheduled on a first come first served basis.
- 1. Review Eligibility Requirements
- 2. Review the Visiting Observership Catalog [Download]
- 3. Submit the Application Form and Required Documents via e-mail 6 months (180 days) prior to the desired observership start date
- 4. E-mail submission : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5. Students will be notified of approval(Letter of Acceptance) in 3-4 weeks
- 6. Pay a NON-REFUNDABLE registration fee
- 7. Send a remittance receipt of registration fee and a personal photo via e-mail
- 8. Start your observership
- 1. Accepted applicants will receive a letter of acceptance.
- 2. Accepted applicants must pay registration fee.
Registration Fee(per one week) (NON-REFUNDABLE)
|*1 week : Monday to Friday|
|1 week||KRW 200,000 (including application fee)|
|2 weeks||KRW 300,000|
|3 weeks||KRW 450,000|
|4 weeks||KRW 600,000|
|5 weeks||KRW 750,000|
|6 weeks||KRW 900,000|
|7 weeks||KRW 1,050,000|
|8 weeks||KRW 1,200,000|
- 1. Bank account number : 100-013-637512
- 2. Bank name : Shinhan Bank (신한은행)
- 3. Name of receiving account holder : 한양대학교(Hanyang University)
Housing is not provided for observers. Students will be responsible for their own accommodations.
Students will be responsible for paying for their own meals.
Office of College of Medicine, Hanyang University
222 Wangsimni-ro, Seongdong-gu, Seoul, 04763 Korea
Tel. +82 2 2220 0585
Fax. +82 2 2281 0699
Email : email@example.com